Deccan Education Society's
Affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, UGC - College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) UGC- College of Excellence (CE)
UGC Special Heritage Status, DBT - STAR Status College, DST - FIST Supported Science Departments
NAAC accredited “A” Grade (3.62 CGPA on 4 point scale)
NIRF Ranking : 42nd (2020) 35th (2017) 19th (2018) 27th (2019)
AISHE Code : C - 41431
Fergusson College (autonomous), Pune
ResearchPolicy and Practices
The success of an institution in attaining itsobjectives is greatly reliant upon the orientation of the faculty with all theaspects of research initiatives, being undertaken by the institution/ college. Toachieve this, the College needs to lay foundations for research and makeefforts to create awareness among all stakeholders regarding importance ofquality research. The college has been working consistently to create awarenessof research especially among the teacher’s and students since 2010. Miniresearch projects have been one of the important programmes in all the schemesof college which were submitted to UGC and DBT. With all these effortssignificant results have been achieved especially in creating research cultureamong students and teacher’s who have been working as Mentor’s to thesestudents.
This policy covers roles andresponsibilities of the committee which looks into affairs and needs forresearch of the college and has been placed in a broader framework whichprovides guidelines for teacher’s/ researcher’s in the college, initiativestaken by the College and Guidelines on Authorship in Scholarly or ScientificPublications of the College.
The College has established Research CoordinationCommittee (RCC) to look into the daily affairs of research needs of the collegein terms of human resource, infrastructure, administrative support and specialfacilities for research.
Role of RCC:
Some of the initiatives taken by the RCC are asfollows:
Guidelines for Researcher’s/ Teacher’s:
10. Recordand publish their methods and results in ways that are open to scrutiny anddebate.
11. Guidance from Committee on PublicationEthics (COPE) : San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA) : theLeiden Manifesto : the European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity Academyof Science 2018, Policy Statement on Dissemination and Evaluation of ResearchOutput in India 2018 by the Indian National Science Academy and resources fromUGC-CARE website may also be referred for this purpose.
12. College has registered with "Urkund"- selected by INFLIBNET centre for all the Indian Universities under the aegisof MHRD. Therefore each and every document has been checked via antiplagiarism softwareand after generated/ analysed check documents proceeds for final submission.
13. College is committed to health, safetyand environmental protection in all its various programs and activities. Thiscommitment is congruent with - and important for achieving - overall mission ofadvancing, disseminating, and preserving knowledge, and striving to educateleaders in the service of society. All members of the college community(including students, faculty and staff) share responsibility for safety, andshall comply with established governmental environmental health and safetypolicies norms and procedures.
14. Wherever animal experimentation isinvolved or maintaining laboratory animals is needed, permission of Committeefor the purpose of Control and Supervision on Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA)to be followed.
Guidelines on Authorship in Scholarly orScientific Publications:
10. Co-Author(s)-Each co-author is responsible for considering his or her role in the projectand whether that role merits attribution of authorship. Co-authors shouldreview and approve the manuscript, at least as it pertains to their roles inthe project.
11. ExternalCollaborators, including Sponsor or industry representatives and individualswho meet the criteria for authorship should be included as authors irrespectiveof their institutional affiliations. In general, the use of “ghost-writers” isprohibited, i.e., individuals who have contributed significant portions of thetext should be named as authors or acknowledged in the final publication.Industry representatives or others retained by industry who contribute to anarticle and meet the requirements for authorship or acknowledgement must beappropriately listed as contributors or authors on the article and theirindustry affiliation must be disclosed in the published paper.